PRICES (Homestay): £613 per week
Group courses and prices for homestay and residential (campus and guest house accommodation) are available on request.
A typical weekly programme:
- Full-board accommodation: breakfast, lunch and evening meal
- Bus passes for local daily travel
- 15 X 60 minutes of English lessons in the mornings from 9.00-12.30 weekdays
- Maximum class sizes of 15 students
- Teaching at 3 levels: Elementary, Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate/Upper Intermediate
- 2 afternoons of sports and recreational activities
- 2 afternoons of cultural visits
- 1 half-day excursion
- 1 full-day excursion (usually Saturdays)
- 1 evening activity – discos, ten-pin bowling, karaokes, fancy dress parties
Our vacation courses are designed for young learners aged 12 -17. They combine English language learning with a full leisure programme in school holidays.
Courses (15 X 60-minute lessons per week) are offered at 3 levels: Elementary, Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate to Upper-Intermediate for 2, 3 or 4 weeks. Students are tested on arrival and placed in mixed nationality classes of 15 according to their level. They work on all areas of language but the main aim is to improve the students’ speaking and listening skills.
Daily lessons start with a range of stimulating activities to get the students talking. They then move on to work with a structured syllabus at each level focusing on grammar, vocabulary and texts covering reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. The last part of the morning’s work covers various aspects of life and culture in the UK. We believe that travelling to the UK for language learning is a valuable opportunity for this. Cultural visits include worksheets to reinforce this. Students are also given homework tasks to do with their host families to encourage interaction with them.
Teachers use a variety of professionally produced resources. They build plenty of repetition into their daily work and regularly assess the learners’ progress and response to the course. They produce a short test at the end of the course to assess the students’ level formally in terms of the Common European Framework.
Accommodation can be in either host families or residential centres. For more information visit the Accommodation page.
We have 2 centres for our Vacation Programmes for Young Learners: Plymouth and Cornwall. The Plymouth Centre is based at Plymouth College of Art. The Cornwall Centre is based on Cornwall College St Austell and Cornwall College Newquay. All three colleges offer first class educational facilities including the latest educational technology. Our students and staff have access to the internet, library, cafeteria and outdoor areas.
All our centres have excellent sports facilities: Plymouth Life Centre, St Austell Leisure Centre, Newquay Sports Centre and Newquay Water World. Our students have access to
- Well-equipped sports halls, squash courts, tennis, badminton, basketball, table tennis and Marshall Arts.
- State of the art indoor swimming pools
- Large playing fields for cricket, rugby and football fields
- Surfing is available in Newquay at well-equipped schools with qualified instructors.