This programme is ideal for teachers and travel agents planning to bring groups to the UK for short educational visits.
The popular months for educational school trips are March to June, September and October.
- The average stays are 3-4 nights. Longer stays by agreement.
- Full-board or half-board accommodation in English host families – 2/3/4 students per family
- The leaders are placed in host families in shared rooms or single rooms subject to availability
- The average group size is 49 students, 4 teachers and one coach driver
- 1 free place for an adult leader for every 15 students . Full-board or half-board accommodation in host families.
- Full-day excursions and visits. If the group leaders prefer to book their own visits, we would be happy to help with any information they might need. Otherwise we can suggest an itinerary and do all the bookings.
- We meet the group every morning and evening to assist in any way required
- Booking of all visits and excursions. General local guidance and advice for teachers who would like to do their own bookings
- Groups travel in own coach
- Local coaches are provided on request for groups who have to fly in.
Groups usually arrive at a pre- arranged meeting point around 18.30 in the evening and meet the local organizer and the host families. The host families receive their guests and take them home for dinner.
Every morning the host families bring their students to the meeting point at around 08.00. The local organizer is on hand for help and advice. The group leaves to go on their day’s visits and trips. They return to the same meeting point in the evening at around 18.30. The host families come to pick up their guests and take them home for dinner.
Popular visits and activities include: English Heritage sites such as Tintagel Castle, Pendennis Castle, Restormel Castle, National Trust properties such as St Michael’s Mount and Lanhydrock House, impressive Gardens such as Trelyssick, Trebah, Eden Project and Heligan Gardens, coastal town and fishing harbours such as St Ives, Lands End, Falmouth, Looe, Polperro, Fowey, Padstow and many more. There are also numerous beautiful coastal walks with such unique attractions along the way such as the Minack Theatre – carved out of the rocks overlooking breath taking ocean views. For those interested in wildlife, Gweek Seal Sanctuary, Hayle’s Paradise Park, and Seal Life Centre in Newquay are well worth visiting. Some school groups choose to spend a half-day doing typical English sports such as cricket and take advantage of Newquay’s famous beaches to do surfing. Mercator offers professional training for both cricket and surfing.
Prices: (full price lists with terms and conditions available on request)
School Groups : £21.50 per night per student for full-board
Adults: £25.00 per night per person for full-board